July 12, 2004

Old habits die hard

When I was about five, my family was in Italy, and we went to see Michelangelo's David. After a few minutes, I got bored and felt crowded (hundreds of people packed the place), and I tried to ask my parents to go. But they were too busy talking with some friends to pay attention, and so I decided to go to the car on my own.

The car was locked when I got there, so I started to head back. I got lost for about fifteen minutes, but I eventually found my way back to the museum. Naturally, my parents were furious with me.

I realized the other night that I am still wandering off on my own when I am not happy with how things are going, and making my companions upset. I also realized how long I've been doing this sort of thing.

Will I ever stop wandering? Will I ever be able to be content?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.