January 9, 2007

やった!Job save gets!

So it appears I forgot I had one important guy in my corner: the boss of the boss, who loves my appearances on television. My transfer is supposedly still possible, but not likely to happen because he claims I am the best ALT they ever had. Well, anyways, another year of livin' the dream for me it seems. Actually I am kinda leery of transferring after my experiences with the driest skin I've ever had in my life* while visiting Kyoto.

*and I've lived in Wyoming.

8 comments:

  1. Good save on the job. Cheers to the corners of your mouth painfully splitting from a dry-weather-smile. (We've got the same issue here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever change your mind about warm and sunny Kyushu, I hear the companies up here in cold/dry Saitama-ken are almost always hiring new ALT's for the meat grinder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough they are considering sending me to that very prefecture. Oh dear. Please tell me you at least have snow to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon they've got snow up in the hills, but since December 2005 I have yet to see snow in this city (Kumagaya). At least it's just an hour's train ride into Tokyo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. appearances on television

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry were you going somewhere with that fragment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry, i ment to put a ? at the end of that, meaning i didnt think you've ever been on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yup. I appear on local Japanese TV teaching English.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.