September 28, 2006

Night mare

(dreamlike, but this one actually happened)
I've been hungry lately. I don't know why, but I can't get enough sustenance. So I was wandering through town under dim starlight, looking for the next yakitoriya of the night or whatever. Then, out of the darkness... hoof beats.
What?
I looked to my left and, under a barely opened garage door, I spied a horse's muzzle.
What?
I uttered "heee?" lowly, in Japanese, a word of disbelief and bemusement. The horse seemed to want to come to the outside world.
Then I noticed the boots, complete with spurs. Someone was standing next to the horse. The boots kicked angrily at the horse. The muzzle disappeared. The scene was so weird, so dark, so quiet, and so unexpected, that I starred for another thirty seconds. The muzzle came down again, and pushed against the opening. The boots kicked again. The impatience in the kicks told me that their owner was not a nice person. Then the boots were joined by a knee, and hands dropping to the ground. I was walking briskly away, and never saw the face coming out to scowl at me, by the time it came into view under that door.
Who keeps a horse in a garage? In Tara? And aren't spurs for riding?
--
Anyways, if you want a quick and engrossing mystery webcomic, I suggest Fleep . It will only take you 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Ni Hao,
    Happy birthday. I'm not doing much in college but spending up to five hours a day studying Chinese. It's really hard to learn a language that isn't Romanic. Anyway, the happy birthday is late I know. I told mom to tell you that on your birthday, but I have no excuse for telling you myself this late. Sorry. Alright, have fun I'm gonna go study.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.