July 19, 2006

photodump

My phone met a mishap at the beach. Luckily, the data-card survived, so I can still show the pictures I took with it before that point and embarrass fellow JETs. A new phone's gonna be expensive. Between that, driving license testing fees, and another volunteer trip to Thailand, I'm starting to feel as poor as a college student again. Even so, I want to spend more on charity, so here's the deal: Donate some money to orphans via my paypall account, and I'll match it. All proceeds will go to the orphanage in Thailand. Go ahead, stick it to me, and feed some orphans! Please make your donations $5 or more, as paypal charges handling fees. And yes, you're gonna have to trust me with your money, but I promise I would never steal money intended for orphans. Again.

EDIT: the charity is over now, so I removed the donation link. Thanks to all that donated.

As for the photos...From our leaving JETs' party. You can't really tell, but Eric was banging away at the Taiko drums with pinache. I fell in love with him, just a little bit, at that moment.
Expand the post to see if you made the cut and are unfortunately featured in this dump.

Aine was giving a tear-moving speech, and this Clay joker was snapping pics of the crowd?


Ebi frying at the local crab shack, the girlfriend in tow.





I'm personally all for pork-barrel politics. Nothings cooler than a giant bridge in the middle of nowhere.


Here you can see my brain, my "takai" nose, and my deviated sceptum.

One view of my town.


Next to the DMV, getting my photo taken by an Obasan.

People looking in awe at my score in Karaoke ;-)


Two sweet girls.


Eating sushi with the doctor.


Our second annual river regatta. We dressed as pirates and tamed the river wild.


Hamburger helper is a bit different over here. :(

2 comments:

  1. Taiko drums! And y'all got a chance to play them for real? That's awesome! One of my favourite things Beth brough back from Japan was Taiko Drum Master for the PSP2. I had just declared my percussion minor and let's just say we woke up the entirety of White Hall for a few weeks. Anyway, you're feeling better, right? The nose thing confused me to no end, but I did understand that you were sick, so you're better, ja? Also, have fun in Thailand and take pretty pictures! Anyway, I must off to a concert in Denver, squee! A bientot, mon jou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. taiko shows are very fun. my elemetry school had takio club. i really didnt even wana join it and it ended up really fun. the kodo from sado Island is really really good. theyre know world wide too.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.