October 12, 2006

4 shrines of various sizes

So I finally took my usb adapter to school to upload some pics of my favorite thing in Japan: shrines! These are various pics from four shrines I visited recently; two of them with obvious hurricane damage. I met a priest at one. He had a spot that looked like a bruise on his shaved pate, so I tried to ask him what it was. Like many Japanese people, he ignored my passably functional Japanese and answered the question he thought I should be asking, when I asked, also in Japanese, if he got hit on the head during the hurricane, because he seemed bruised. "I am a Buddhist-priest." He said in English and walked off.

As usual, the pictures continue after you jump to a full post












2 comments:

  1. Cool pics ^_^ funny story with the monk btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions (yeah I dont check back in these things usually for answers...weird concept...I might steal it...anyways how have you been? Your picture reminds me of the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto. Interesting...im off to make food. hope you are doing well...thanks again...
    mata
    beth

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.