October 23, 2006

Saag vid and The Dhammapada (which I always think is damn-panda in my head because I am an insensitve slob)

It was very beautiful, much better than a simple internet video can render, but I hope you enjoy it!

--
Mark linked to the Dhammapada, and I started to read it again. I am really lazy about this whole hippster-Buddhist thing. Anyways, I just thought I would give you a taste of its wisdom.
The mind is the basis for everything.
Everything is created by my mind, and is ruled by my mind.
When I speak or act with impure thoughts, suffering follows me
As the wheel of the cart follows the hoof of the ox.
The mind is the basis for everything.
Everything is created by my mind, and is ruled by my mind.
When I speak or act with a clear awareness, happiness stays with me.
Like my own shadow, it is unshakeable.
"I was wronged! I was hurt! I was defeated! I was robbed!"
If I cultivate such thought, I will not be free from hatred.
"I was wronged! I was hurt! I was defeated! I was robbed!"
If I turn away from such thoughts, I may find peace.

4 comments:

  1. The wikisource Dhammapada is a pretty good translation, but you can find better ones, but then you would have to pay for it, with like money and stuff.

    yeah... yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have wonderfully animated eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spinach stuff looks gross! Blech!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake, get thee to a nunnery... I mean Indian restaraunt, and order some saag with naan. You will thank me.

    Jen, they are my happy eyebrows. People know when I'm depressed because they don't move.

    Mark, wouldn't you agree that the best enlightenment is free enlightenment? :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.