October 16, 2005

My weekend was more Japanesey than yours

Many pics, and hilarious heartbreaks within.

So you remember when I mentioned my plan to call a girl? I mailed her keitai (cell) and told her I would be around Saga if she wanted to follow through with our plan to go dancing together. Let me transliterate her response message: "Oh, yeah, I was really drunk that night. Our date is impossible due to me having a boyfriend that I really like (that approximates love in Japanese), so we won't be meeting."
Rather than being too sad, I found this hilarious. Also, I must say I knew there had to be something besides a cultural misunderstanding happening during the moments when she went weird. Here's to hoping I encounter more sane/less drunk girls from now on.
--
Friday found us at a place where the tables double as grills, and ingredient after ingredient was put on. Pork, chicken, onomomiyake, yakisoba... all good stuff. The cook was an old grandma-chan that has been cooking there since WWII.
I finally found an example of hand humor that the Japanese get! Mr. Hand! They about laughed to death at that, and my hardo gay jokes.



--
Jump to last night, where I am dining with a doctor from my town that speaks very good English. He invited two cute nurses along; too bad they were both taken, but at least they are easy on the eyes. It served to remind me of a weird phenomenon in Japan; people go out without their spouses. In America it just wouldn't fly. But here, the wife will give her husband money to go clubbing without her. I for one don't like the confusion this causes when you are out with a pretty girl and find out a couple hours later she is married with a kid. Oh well, just something I have to get used to.


--
And today, for random reasons, I found myself dressed in a kimono. It seems that just like business suits, I look pretty darn good in these. Guess I clean-up well.
After dressing, I walked around down stars as a representative gaijin and talked to people. Many of the women proclaimed, "Kakoi!" (so handsome!). Gotta love Japan.

Shortly before I accidentally decapitated someone. Sorry 'bout that.


Remember the cute little German girl? Here she is playing a traditional Japanese instrument. People thought that she was my kid, cause we both had blond hair and kimonos.

Toe-socks!
I thought the under-kimono was even cooler than what I wore on top!

McDonald's of Japan: Home of the ketchupless burger.

Ethnic pizza has raw shrimp on it. Pizza in Japan is just a let-down in general.

An example I drew on the board to describe Wyoming to an elementary class.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the girl, that's no good. I imagine you'll find someone less drunk though...you've got some magnet power. :P I'm digging the kendo outfit, btw. Tres sexy. *purrs* And what is the farmer doing to the cow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. serenading it, of course.
    Thanks for the kind words, I'm not worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is the cow inappropriately licking the farmer? And why is the farmer serenading a cow? This is a side ot Wyoming everyone should be aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha not a tounge; that's poorly drawn cud being chewed (chewn?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the perfect way to describe Wyoming, though you should have included sheep and "nothing" in your example. Though, I suppose it would be hard to draw "nothing." Hmm. :-) Actually, I really miss Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Wyoming, but somehow a drawing of a farmer being sucked off by a cow seems like a very apt representation of what one mind find there. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it~ you are really getting in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.