October 6, 2005

Post Nasal Drag

So as you can see from this photo of my sexy skull, I obviously have sinusitis (the sickness that is fun to say!). Every winter for the past three years, I have been getting sick with the exact same symptoms, but, being a poor college student, I couldn't afford to do anything about it. Now that I am a millionare, I can get genki. Yay.

This is the machine that shoves steam up your nostrils. It's part of the therapy over here.

I really should have taken some days off, but I don't want to be thought of as a lazy American. But sick or not, I will see Hard Gay live at Saga University this saturday. And then I will go to Fukuoka with Das Germans.
--
I made a vampire game for the students to play today (prompting the JTE to say that I am a very good ALT, and that she thinks I work hard, which as I understand it is about the best complement a Japanese person can give!). It's a mystery game in which someone is the vampire. I can't help but think that it is my roleplaying background that led to this.
That and a random email from Linus about a roleplaying quiz reminded me of the dark side of the pastime. Nerds. Yeah, I hear it's cool to be a nerd these days, but trust me, if you really think that you haven't seen a real nerd.
The horror stories I could tell you--and I'm just a casual gamer--would be enough to make you never want to associate with anyone that the past-time.
That being said, I really want to roleplay again. Just something that's not available in Japan.

4 comments:

  1. Oh the memories... I think that, for the most part, it's cool to be a nerd who has an average time between showers of under 32 hours. I have found that, by and large, the clean nerd is also the one with most of the social skills necessary for passable day-to-day interactions. Well, I have to go mess with things that could kill me now. Ta Ta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im supposed to have some nasal surgery but i don't want it, it would be too painful. lame but i can live with one deviated septum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I remember I used to have so much fun roleplaying with you guys! Remember the Star Wars one we had when Julia killed Ben? That was the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a deviant sceptum as well. hate the bugger.
    Yes, I thought killing Corley was nice; though I felt sorry for him and thought he deserved some sort of saving throw.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.