March 30, 2008

Obligatory what are you doing Clay answer

The time has come to make a "today I ate a sandwich" entry. Actually, come to think of it I had a turkey sandwich the other day, which was exciting because there is almost no turkey in this country. Unfortunately, it was smoked turkey, which apparently tastes exactly like ham. I took the sandwich back to the stand where I bought it to double check that it wasn't ham. They swore it was.
But that was a large sandwich digression. What I am up to: I am currently looking into language schools. I am most likely going to one in Saitama that the mysterious James helped me find. There are a couple cheaper schools, but most never replied to my email and I am a bit weary of calling directly. Cause my language sucks. So I am wondering if I can really pull off an 1kyu this year. Gotta decide by the time I fill out my application. Today was supposed to be a super-burn-through-my-Anki-deck day, but I got distracted by Google reader and youtube. So I ended up unsubscribing from a bunch of stuff.I also would have liked to go on another long bike ride but the weather was preventing it. Photos later.
I am also having a complicated love thing, but am quite content to leave it be. Cause I need to study and get a visa and apply to schools.
Shout-outs to Steph and Jon for bugging me into a sandwich post. More shout-outs to thehill88 for inflating my ego. I need that in uncertain times.

2 comments:

  1. I was also thinking about enrolling in a language school when my contract was expiring as an ALT. But I opted to stay on as a teacher with a small but stable conversation school. Work was afternoons and evenings which gave me time in the mornings to study. It was easier for me, switching visas was also no problem.

    Good luck with the 1kyu this year! I'd like to take it myself, but I think I'll need a couple of years to study for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about doing what you are doing, but I really need to pass a JLPT or the like so I can get hired somewhere someday.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.