March 18, 2008

Spring is starting

I finally got a working bike and rode up into the mountains to take in spring. Spring mountains always restore my love of Japan. Highlights included meeting the old woman, impressing some kids, and seeing the old man after a long time.
The old woman used to run a restaurant on the banks of the 蛍の里 (firefly village). Now she spends her time drawing and writing poetry about flowers. She talked briefly of her "darling". I told her she has a nice life, and I mean it. All the interior shots are from her home/restaurant.

Blue fields are breathing their jade to the sun....
And a moment that ought to have lasted forever
Has come and gone before I knew.

--李商隱 Li Shangyin









3 comments:

  1. Spring is my favorite season. I don't enjoy the extremely long winters...

    Did BOE get you your bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure I understand, but the bike came with my house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry, I was asking cos you said you finally got a working bike. I know a lot of ALTs who have really old bikes and the BOEs sometimes don't get them new ones...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.