June 16, 2008

A few funny Japan/Asian pics

This picture is so perfectly melodramatic! "I can use it this much for free you say?! A moving English study site" I try to make jokes with this flavor all the time, but whooosh! Over their heads.

Someone, I beg you, tell me where in Japan this restaurant is.

I get the impression that everybody else considers her hat to be funny. Gotta zoom this one.

I know this is in Japan somewhere as well, but even I can't imagine the road being built so incompitently.

Degree of look-a-likeness: 100%. My 1st graders call me Mr. Satan instead of Mr. B. Or Mr. X or H.

I threatened the making of Japanese LOL cats a while ago, but these are all I got through.

I couldn't be bothered to find the originals or give credit.

And the child-speech I choose as a LOL-speak equivalent hurts my brain.

10 comments:

  1. The restaurant on the tree is in Okinawa ^^

    Just yesterday a friend of mine who stayed in okinawa this autumm showed me the pic of that place ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaaaaaaaahn!
    I knew I should have done an Okinawa trip before I moved to Honshu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the people in the third picture! Where did you get these? They were posing for pictures in the Bayonne temple in Angkor Wat in Cambodia: http://flickr.com/photos/healfdene/2496533310/in/set-72157605551509782/

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh... maybe I got them from Colin's feed? To be honest all people in funny hats around temples look the same to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That road pic made my engineering sense tingle.

    ...Just thought you'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was probably my typo of the word built that did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah, my tingling has more to do with that seemingly precarious overhang - especially considering Japan's predisposition to seismic activity. Granted, there may be some engineering that isn't visible in the picture.

    The last time your writing made me tingle was when I had a fish in my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree restaurant is in Onoyama Park, which is on Highway 58.

    http://www.ecofriend.org/entry/tree-house-japanese-architecture-mounts-on-banyan-tree/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should really keep good tabs on your blog. I wanted to be the first one to tell you that restaurant is in Naha...except, the secret is that it's completely fake. I put my life in danger because I was trying to drive and figure out if the tree was real at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.