June 19, 2008

Couple Vids and my NPR Thing

A couple vids I found interesting. The first one is from Sayonara Zestubou Sensei (Farewell, Mr. Despair), done for some reason in Mike Mignola's idiosyncratic Hellboy style. Do Japanese people even know what Hellboy is?

Next is a somehow touching 思い出億千万 short. The original song is from Megaman. He is a bit of a meme in Japan.

--
I will probably be interviewed by NPR soon. Come to think of it, this will earn me major cool points with myself. I will totally be my hero for a day. Anyways, it's about Japanese game shows. What shows do you watch? I've gotta compile a list of what I think is the most popular and impacting...

7 comments:

  1. Even though I live in Japan, all the Japanese game shows I watch are clips on youtube. I just can't figure out when to turn on the TV and not be presented with another show where famous people eat parfait and talk about how delicious it is. Are there even actual game shows in Japan? Or just gag physical challenges with that "opapi" dude?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NPR is the big leagues, man... way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damnit Clay.

    Instead of doing work, I spent all day catching up on my RSS feeds, which have piled up since I've been in San Fran at YouTube the past few days. I think your post was the first thing I checked, and I ended up spending several hours googling Japanese memes.

    I also reblogged your thing: http://bradofarrell.tumblr.com/post/39053678/the-courage-you-gave-me-is-110-million

    Also, I think I know more about leeks than I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you get into the megaman dies all the time meme?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I didn't, it's also pretty vague and hard to Google, but I think I've seen it once or twice.

    I miss having you on my IM, Japan-Living Friend. : (

    I found Airman Will Not Die though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

    Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't figure out what happened to you IM account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 01. Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!!

    02. SASUKE

    w00t.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.