April 27, 2006

Magic 8-ball iPod

Telling your future with an 8-ball is just so... Predictable. That's why I've adapted a blog meme I spotted around Jen and Corinna's blogs. The goal: List five questions. Hit shuffle on your music-listening device. The song that comes up alludes to the answer to your question. Rinse. Repeat.
I pass this meme off to Linus, Rachel, Abra, Padre Jake, Yume, and Maurice. Anyone else that wants to play doesn't have to wait for a tag.

My questions:

  • Will I suffer an accident soon?
    iPod says: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Abba
    Don't you stop on me now pal! *hit's chest* Aw crap, now that I think about it, the song mentions falling apart too.

  • Will my camping trip with friends be a hit this weekend?
    iPod says: "M1 A1" by the Gorillas.
    Crap, does this mean people will cancel? Or does it mean I will be fighting zombies?

  • Will I find love?
    iPod says: "Primleseur's Speak Essential Japanese 1, lesson 22"
    Interesting...

  • Will the yen get stronger against the dollar, or am I doomed to a collection of funny money?
    iPod says: "March of the Valkyries" by Wagner
    The yen will march all over my homeland.

  • What will happen to me during golden week?
    iPod says: "Russian Roulette" by Tsunami Bomb
    If I end up in the middle of a bunch of Asians with Christopher Walken...
  • 7 comments:

    1. Interesting post.
      I asked my ipod a question that has been bothering me since I was seven. "why did the chicken cross the road?"
      Can't believe I know have the answer... "Sullivan Street" by Counting Crows. "take the way home..." now thats just freaky!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ehm.... what if we don't have an IPod or anything capable of rendering a purely random reply to a question? The best I could do is close my eyes and point at a CD on the rack... would that work?

      ReplyDelete
    3. you don't have a computer program, such as iTunes or Winamp that can randomise? If not, I guess pointing will have to do.

      ReplyDelete
    4. That was pure genious!

      It kept me entertained all night!

      -Lauren (long time reader, first time...commenter?)

      ReplyDelete
    5. genius - I've got to learn not to comment on no sleep

      ReplyDelete
    6. welcome, you genious, you (bad spellers are among good company here)

      ReplyDelete

    All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.