January 30, 2006

Wall flowers gone wild

I made a panorama of my town in Japan. Click to zoom.
--
Was there ever a girl in your life, maybe in high school, and you held the opinion that they were kind of plain but you alone were able to see what cuteness they had and appreciate it and maybe you could even see yourself dating that girl if she wasn't so shy. You envisioned breaking that girl out of her shell and helping her to see just how sexy she was. You fantasized about how chaste and pure she was. You thought she was very sweet and cute when she mustered the courage to talk. Ever know her?

Did you ever meet that same girl years later and discover that she was actually a party animal and borderline nymphomaniac? I met that girl again and again and again. And now I'm meeting other people's wild wall flowers it seems.
--
Today, as I walked into the school, I got, "Craeyton... you are... cool!" from a Japanese school girl. Just last Friday another one claimed I looked like Tom Cruise. Both of these comments seemed to come out of nowhere to me. Maybe its the hair wax and leather jacket. Conquering the world, one school girl's opinion at a time.
--
More with the pictures already
Kim Jong's got game.
You have to be up on net culture to realize why this worksheet I made is funny.
I was a little shocked to see this nazi flag at a store in a mall. The swastika is not nearly as touchy a subject over here. Actually I wish it could be redeemed. It was a symbol for luck and such stuff for thousands of years before the nazis got a hold of it.
Also, one of my boys has a pencil box with a skull, swastika, and @$*! LIFE printed on it. There are things one just has to ignore...
--
Guess that song for old times sake:
You're not right in the head and nor am I
And this is why
You're not right in the head and nor am I
And this is why
This is why I like you, I like you, I like you
This is why I like you, I like you, I like you

3 comments:

  1. Maybe they just don't notice which way it's pointing. A backward, counter-clockwise swastika (a sauvastika) is a symbol for a Buddhist temple on maps. Check out the maps at the train station. In most cultures that symbol was representative of good-luck and life. But because of Hitler is it now a symbol of evil incarnate. However, I don't think Japanese are that ignorant to not realize what it is... or do I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wallflowers must peel
    constant quiet observation
    and a mad scribbling of words
    currency not accepted at most establishements

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.