August 9, 2005

Only in Japan

First: Tragedy...
I met a very nice and pretty girl today. She even speaks fairly good English, making it quite possible to hang out with her. I don't know that dating would be possible though, because she is older than me (29), and while I don't care*, that is reportedly a big deal over here.

*:For heaven's sake, she still looks like a teenager!
--
I conjecture that only in Japan will you find a garbage center where women handle the garbage right alongside men. I also think that only in Japan will said garbage handlers bring your group some cold Pocari Sweat to drink. And I also think that only in Japan do they give away brown liquid at the garbage center that is for bathing in. I'm not sure what it was, but it is filled with micro-organisms (according to the printout they gave me), and it was free.
Japan is a unique place; I'm reminded of that fact every day.
--
Hey fans of Suicide Club, this is the address of the bbs that the bat posted on in the movie, it really works; too bad the dots address doesn't (though I did find this substitute).
--






Here's some pics

A laserdisk player? A jumbo-CD player? I have no idea. You know, they still sold betta-video players in this country until about a year ago.



Me at work posing in a scary mask with the guy that made them. Legend has it, the residents of Tara-cho long ago protected themselves against invaders with these masks.


This is the first restaurant meal I've had (besides the nice deliveries by a lady at lunch) since I came to Tara-cho. In addition, I ordered it myself (went to the restaurant alone and everything); just wish I knew how to ask for in the cold, summer style. Still, oishii yo. The noodles are called Udon.

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I was supposed to read that post... *blink* Ah, well. I apologize for annoying you that day...as belated as the apology is... I really had no intention of even making it known that I thought you were cute untill Kat decided to shout it out to you and then proceed to bug the hell out of me for it for the rest of the evening. I generally am shy about that kind of thing, although at that point I figured I may as well go with it...or at least make a joke out of the situation. *shrugs* Eh, water under the bridge and what all I suppose. At any rate, I can't believe those sites actually exist...that's a little out of control. Although, I suppose the movie does qualify as a cult classic... I got my friend Mike to make me a copy since I'm too poor to actually buy a copy. I'm excited to show that lovely piece of film off at the campus...or at least to Beth. Talk to ya later, doll. Tchao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Good luck with your girl! ^-~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused, you mean I wasn't supposed to see your post? You seeing my posts is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Clay,

    Keep on rockin' in the Japanese World! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I meant yours...the one you linked to? *shrugs* Nevermind. ^-~

    ReplyDelete
  6. older women are a problem?

    wow..

    i remember lazer discs.. and beta tapes. i work in TV.. we use Beta SP in large part as a main format. most other is digitally transmitted.

    ps.. those noodles look like tape worms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that said..
    i love japanese food.

    yaki soba rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, forgot about that part of it. Well, I don't mind that you know what I went through, and now I know your side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, it always kinda sucks not knowing the other sides of situations. Then again, I'm glad I didn't know your side at the time, else I wouldn't've bugged you and if that'd happened we wouldn't have hung out and gotten to be friends. ^-^ Fate works in funny ways like that I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.