August 20, 2005

that's just dandy

Metrosexuals stuck in Japan, rejoice! You now have Dandy-house to take care of you. Who taught a Japanese person the 19th century meaning of the word dandy anyways?

Anyhoo, I never thought I would say this, but I am in desperate need of foot lotion. Your body changes when you move to a different climate it seems. The Japanese have a very diffent concept of lotion from what I've seen thus far at the drug store.
--
Beat Takeshi is some sort of supernaturally omnipresent actor. He's the old guy in such films as Sontanine, Battle Royale, Zatoichi and the movie I saw last night: Izo. Also, I should point out that Izo was directed by Takeshi Miike, who's name you will know as the greatest/most prolific director in modern day Japan. Izo is confusing to say the least. I think it was a movie along the lines of Suicide Club, about how Japan is destroying itself.

Right now I'm watching a movie about a desperate criminal being pursued by a drugged-up 7-11 clerk and a Yakuza. Tre funny. A quick internet search helped me find the title: Non stop.
--
Click the link to see today's pics:

I gave my coke an origami-samurai helmet



A blinged-out... tricycle?



A dead weasel I think? Never seen this animal before. When I photographed it, I realized there where two women staring at me. Probably thinking Crazy foreigner is morbid.



Look at the board there. Then tell me I don't have every right to complain that Japanese language is hard. The teacher is in the act of throwing a chalk-board marker at me for getting a question wrong.
--
Morpheus
Morpheus


?? Which Of The Greek Gods Are You ??

5 comments:

  1. That poor creature's a fox, doll... I saw a similar animal at a temple in Korea and one of the MPs who were with us told me what it was. Poor thing. :( I took that little quiz there... I was Nemesis. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. *shrugs* You should so've made your coke can a little paper boken. That would've been way sweet! :p Miss you, doll! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty photos I liked the one of the window in black and blank light

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm sure. Not the long-nosed American variety we're used to...it's got some wierd kinda name...but yeah, fox. Same branch of the family as our red, bushy-tailed friend. Dad says so too...he was looking over my shoulder. ^-^* Pauvre animaux... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh poor dead animal thing. :(

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.