August 17, 2005

So many stories, so little time

The preview for this movie, oddly enough, reminds me of my time in Japan thus far.
--
Today, language lessons. Then uncouth attempts from your quiet protagonist to be social. The lessons were bad and awkward; the socializing considerably much less so.
We ended up at a rugby-themed bar. I had walnut-curry on rice. Very good, but quite expensive.
People who come to Japan... we all have our reasons. We all have a story. Take the Irish bloke. He's a former P.h. D. candidate that worked with optical physics. Owned his own business. Decided, sod it. I'd rather go to Japan than be a working stiff!
Or New Jersey Jew, a vegetarian who is much more interested in Eastern religions than that of his forbearers.
Then there is I. When I told them that I was an Art baccalaureate who has drawn 300 hundred comics, Jersey Jew said, "I knew we all had stories. We're all crazy!"
In good company. But I had to catch a train, so I said my goodbyes, payed and got photographed by the barkeep, and ran to the station.

I wonder how many random Japanese people now have pictures with me in them. It's probably a large number.

2 comments:

  1. Thnaks for posting so regularly - I am really enjoying your blog of late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang, tex, you read it before I edited out all the typos. I have to edit all my posts right after I write them

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.