May 9, 2006

More on art school confidential

Now that I've found that Daniel Clowes is behind it, I want to see the movie even more. I found this hilarious article on what it's like to be a cartoonist in the fine art world, and how it relates to the movie. I was a little confused at the time of my own education, being an artist that was better at cartoons, and truly, in his soul, someone that should have been an English major. Add on top of that the fact that I was in the graphic design program, where I constantly thought that most everyone had bad taste, including the teacher, and you can see why I had a little career anxiety.
On a side note, I submitted an entry to the JET programme 20th anniversary logo contest. I think it's really good. So good, I can't show it to you until after the deadline, for fear that some ratfink might try to steal the idea. But I have uploaded for you the radically different logo that I didn't submit; I suck at logos and it takes a while for me to get professional I guess. Why? Because I am a cartoonist. So this example is crap, but still fun. What, is he massaging that J?
What's next? Maybe those miniliths I've always dreamed of sculpting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just reading your previous entries. You JUST discovered a culture difference between Asian American girls and other types of girls?? Well, that's not too naive, it wasn't long ago that I was having to discover the quirky differences of white girls. End conclusion: They ALL ca-razy as hell. Email me Leo's email if you have it. I'd love to get in touch with him. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.