June 6, 2006

Agnostic FAQ

Questions and answers on the agnostic faith. Because someone requested one. Keep in mind I am not agnostic, though I may be antagonistic.

Q: Is there a god?
A: Maybe. I'm not sure.

Q:Is there an afterlife?
A: Maybe. I'm not sure. I think I saw a ghost once, when I was six.

Q: Is pre-marital sex okay?
A: Maybe. I'm not sure. But I sure hope so!

Q:Why are we here?
A: Maybe. I'm not sure.
Q:That wasn't a yes/no/maybe question.
A: Maybe. I'm not sure.

Q: Why do bad things happen?
A: Maybe there is no god or some junk? I'm not sure.

Q: Do you believe in reincarnation?
A: Maybe. I'm not sure. I think I might be Napoleon sometimes.

Q: What do you believe?
A: Let me get back to you on that after I'm dead...

Q: Can't you commit to anything?
A: I like my cat.

7 comments:

  1. The last answer has me laughing so hard my sides hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clay! As an agnostic, I think don't think of myself as someone who doesn't commit to anything, or someone who doesn't have an opinion an any subject. I simply think of myself as someone who understands the distinction between "believing" in something and "knowing" something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda: You are making the sound of Japanese disbelief?

    Modig: I understand.
    I come from a background where people usually very strongly believe to the point where they say, "I know there is a heavenly father that loves me." So the line gets very blurred. In fact, saying "I believe..." would seem very odd to them. Interesting comparison ne?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the sound of Japanese disbelief?? Well, learn something new everyday. No, I think it's funny. Ha ha ha, perhaps? Or maybe even the ever popular, lol.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.