June 19, 2006

Negativity sucks

Am I hypocritical to hate negativity? I'm not sure. On the one hand, I want to send love out to all that I meet. I've even refrained from saying bad things about people pretty well since I made the promise to myself in spring. And yet, I still face conflict when I deal with some people. Why must this be? I guess I choose my own reaction to people, and they choose their reactions to me. So, I think an attitude of "nothing is wrong, everything is beautiful" might get me through these prickly times.
Besides, as the girlfriend advised me, you can't be friends with everyone. Danged if I aint obsessed with trying though.

6 comments:

  1. Have a read of some Taoist stuff.

    I find it helps me get by prickly people.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea. Maybe sacredtexts.org has something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many traditions teach that adversaries are our best teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am guilty of trying to be friends with everyone and have been finding out more and more it just doesn't always work. I feel your frustration. And no, I don't think you're a hypocrite to hate negativity, though it is an amusing condradiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're gf is right clay, no one on this planet can be friends with everyone. but that's not a bad thing. how boring would life be if everyone was best friends with everone else and we didn't have to deal with conflict? conflict can sometimes build character.

    also, wouldn't the hypocrisy be in pretending to like everyone? why do we all try to be or act like someone we are not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm. Good advice all. I guess had a revelation of sorts today...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.