June 1, 2006

A request to you, my quiet readers

The request will come in a sec, but first, as usual when dealing with Clay, you will get a little story. Then maybe you will get an idea of how my mind works, which reminds me that I once said to Rachel, "I'm not really that random, and you would see so if you could follow my 'seven-degrees of Kevin Baconesque' mind set." Confused yet? Anyways...
I've discovered some really interesting audio study aids for Japanese lately. Today, I found Japanese101. In addition to being a good study aid, it is a hilarious podcast. These people have chemistry that makes studying fun. So check it out, especially if you have an interest in learning Japanese. BTW-- I had another subpiphany today. By subpiphany, I mean I realized I was suddenly just that much more better at Japanese. It's strange to notice this sort of thing. "Wait, I can understand the conversations better today!"
You can find more good study aids in my links to the right; I use them all day between classes to study.

And on to the request. I think I have a lot of readers that don't comment. While I don't have a problem with this persay, it's somehow disturbing. It's like you feel like you are being watched. You know someone is around the corner back there, but you don't know who. So, my request is simple: If you read this blog, take the time to comment and tell me who you are. While you are doing that, let me know if you find it boring when I blog about Japanese studying (see the connection now?), or what you would like me to blog about more often.
Also, while your there, try to give a guess as to what movie is featured in the photo up there.
This request goes double for the people that live in Saga. It's not hard, click the comments link and write your name. Pretty please.

15 comments:

  1. That's Jean Reno in "Leon", aka "The Professional".

    Also, I don't think this neck of the woods or the zed blog is boring. You just haven't updated wewantbrains in FOR-EVAH...

    ReplyDelete
  2. right, I should get on that. I've been hoping my blogmates would step in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. /lurk
    Don here from ryuganji.net. Found your blog via Technorati - thanks for linking to japanfilmnews. I hope you're enjoying JET. I was in Osaka for three years as a CIR, and it was a blast. Haven't visited Saga yet, or anywhere else in Kyushu for that matter, but hope to remedy that this summer. Hona, mata na.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don, you subtitle Japanese movies, according to your site. How cool is that! That's the type of dream job I fantasize about getting after JET. Too sweet. I'll have to blog about Japanese movies more often just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clay,

    I read your blog occasionally and find it and you to be completely and utterly eccentric.

    There's your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helloes.

    I read every couple of days to catch up with what you're up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog frequently. I like the comments you make about learning the language, the places you go, the people you meet and the things that happen at school. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we've met I'm your brother.




    Your older one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're going to confuse people.
    I am the oldest, readers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,I'm from Singapore.
    Stumbled upon your blog and I find it interesting.
    I love the part where your students gave thank you cards.
    Haha...Looks like they are flipping u.

    I'm studying Japanese too.Currently learning to write and memorise Hiragana.

    Hope to hear more from you.

    Tata...

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Saga" means fairy tale in Swedish, so I thought your blog was cool. I used to live in Okayama for a while, and kind of miss the ocean and the green hills. Now I'm in Tokyo and Saitama. I like the study advice, it is never boring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! a reader from chile here.
    came across your blog linked from youtube (which I also just recently discovered) a couple of days ago, and i’ve found your posts about japan fascinating (and so far an excellent procrastination tool). i like the way you approach japan, as a foreigner you seem very open and respectful to their culture. i am well aware i’m responding to a post from 2006, but this blog has been so interesting and enlightening that it seemed unfair to at least leave a note after such an explicit request.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! a reader from chile here.
    came across your blog linked from youtube (which I also just recently discovered) a couple of days ago, and i’ve found your posts about japan fascinating (and so far an excellent procrastination tool). i like the way you approach japan, as a foreigner you seem very open and respectful to their culture. i am well aware i’m commenting to a post from 2006, but this blog has been so interesting and enlightening that it seemed unfair to at least leave a note after such an explicit request.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.