The teachers gathered in Kashima for an enki. There was squid so fresh that it was literally still moving. I didn't have any of that. Impressed them by taking a big wad of wasabi an putting it straight into my mouth.
Oh, and be careful if you're ever in Japan. Just cause a woman doesn't have a ring doesn't mean she's not married.
Later, Karaoke. But my voice was gone. And I just couldn't hit the requisit high notes for "Thriller,""Staying Alive" and "Take on Me" Good thing most of my coworkers were probably too drunk to notice.
"eh... wwhat iss your god?" came the drunken slur of a fellow teacher; a middle aged Japanese man that had been working on me all night to convince me to drink. He knew that religion was my reason for abstaining.
"My God?" I said. "My God is love."
"Yes, love." (prounounced ai in Japanese).
"Eh... I... love... drink."
In the spirit of karaoke, I have a challenge for you all, go to this site and find the year that you graduated by tweaking the address to the appropriate year. Then put the list of the top 100 songs from that year on your blog and cross out the songs you don't like (use the < strike > and < /strike > tags to do this, sans spaces around "strike" naturally).
As you can see, I'm a crumogeon that hates pop culture.
this post continues in extend version...
Top songs of '99
1. Believe, Cher
2. No Scrubs, TLC
5. ...Baby One More Time, Britney Spears
10. Livin' La Vida Loca, Ricky Martin
15. I Want It That Way, Backstreet Boys
18. Angel, Sarah McLachlan
21. Bills, Bills, Bills, Destiny's Child
22. Save Tonight, Eagle-Eye Cherry
26. Bailamos, Enrique Iglesias
29. Fly Away, Lenny Kravitz
33. Wild Wild West, Will Smith Featuring Dru Hill and Kool Moe Dee
34. Scar Tissue, Red Hot Chili Peppers
41. Doo Wop (That Thing), Lauryn Hill
44. It's Not Right But It's Okay, Whitney Houston
51. She's So High, Tal Bachman
53. Miami, Will Smith
54. Hands, Jewel
70. I Will Remember You (Live), Sarah McLachlan
89. Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem), Jay-Z